Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Is it just me...?

Why do I feel with certain family members or friends that I am always going out of my way to be considerate to them and they always let me down when I need them.
With certain friends, I feel like I am the better friend to them than they are to me. I always find myself having to send the first text or make the first phone call. Even send a card...Friendship is about sharing;  Sharing opinions, dreams, fears, hopes... It is meant to engage conversations. We are supposed to cherish our memories but of course make new ones along the way. We should have a mutual understanding of how much love we have for one another and how much we care.
"Friendships don't magically last 40 years...you have to invest in them."  (S&TC, S5E3)
Then when it comes to some family members, I literally have no words at times. It's like, do they not hear the words that come out of their mouths?? We should respect each other and share joys. We shouldn't hope for love and support, it should already be there. Above anyone else, family should be number one. Actions do speak louder than words, yet when we do not think about what we are saying, those words can cut deeper than a global chef knife. That's how it's been with me, my family always comes first. I have some friends I consider family so they follow a super-close second.
"Family means putting your arms around each other and being there." (Barbara Bush)
I am trying to live my life well. I am trying to teach my child to be a good, caring person. But then there's instances that occur where sometimes I just think, "Why bother?"

No comments:

Post a Comment