Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here we go again...

So I just got back from dropping Erick off at the airport...he is on his way to Japan for 91 days. He asked me to be strong - right now I'm a total mess. C.J. has already asked for him three times since we've been home.
I hate these days...I was hoping for a change this year but yet here we go again, starting off this year exactly like last.
I understand this is his job and he loves it and I am super supportive of that. I want him to be doing something he truly loves and enjoys. I am just tired of this. I am tired of all this back-and-forth crap, I am tired of having to try and keep it together for C.J. who asks for him everyday and wants to know, "Where's Daddy?"
I am sure it is just as difficult for Erick to be away - it's just an adjustment for us constantly. We have to deal with him being gone and he has to deal with being away from us. Difficult times right now.
91 days...Seems like a life time.
I know we will get through this as we have every other time, still doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't be bummed about our circumstances.
You would think it would get easier each time he has to be gone, but it's not. Seems just as trying as the very first time I saw him off to Italy.
All I can really say is thank God for Skype! If it wasn't for this wonderful little contraption, we would not get to speak or "see" eachother face-to-face on a daily basis. C.J. knows he can use this now and even tells me, "I'll get the microphone Mommy." :) Sweet boy.  And of course he will ask when he can talk to his Daddy too.
Be strong...we'll get through this

No comments:

Post a Comment