Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I AM that person!

I realized something about myself a couple of days ago... I AM that person!
I will get upset and cut people out when they are cruel to people I know and love. Very cliché, I know... But I am going to pick a side, especially if you are someone I have met through a friend or family member.
When instances like these occur you can truly find who your true friends are and who are the most important people in your life.
It made me think of a Will & Grace episode where Jack McFarland says, "I know you're new here, and, um, we don't want you to think we're really cliquey and don't let anyone in our little group, but, um, well, we're really cliquey and we don't want anyone in our little group."
This by far is not true of me. I've learned to be accepting of new people over the years. I want to meet new people and share in their lives and experiences. In fact, I welcome it.
What I do not appreciate is when they display petti- / spiteful- ness to those dear to me.
I AM that person - in when you are mean to them, I will not be mean to you but I no longer have the need or the desire to speak or communicate with said person.
I made my decision years ago to cut all filth and negativity from my life. And if this includes certain people as well - so be it.
It actually makes me laugh to think about this.
I do not hate nor do I hold grudges. I just know when it is time to let people go. You wish them well, hope they find what they are looking for, and know that they are no longer your concern. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment